I have long wanted to start a Blog but have always struggled with long-form writing. Putting words down "on paper" feels too overwhelming and subjective.
So, instead of continuing to fret about it. I'm just going to start.
And today's topic has *nothing* to do with fashion or the boutique, lol.
More, lifestyle, I suppose?
If you're here, it's likely that you know that I'm a mom of 4 in addition to being a business owner. Which means our life is BUSY!
A few days ago, I posted a quick pic of my favorite go-to dinner meal and had a few people ask for my recipe. Here's the thing, I don't really measure most of the time, lol. (What are things that drive my husband crazy for $500?)
But here's a quick run-down!
I am a SUCKER for a one-pot meal. Protein, veg, noodle and cheese of choice. 30 minutes start to finish and one pot to clean at the end. It's pretty customizable to whatever you and your family like best! Ham and peas and shells? Cool. Broccoli and cheddar and penne? Go for it. Ground beef and taco seasoning with corn and black beans? Yep!
One-Pan Chicken Skillet Meal
- 1 pound of chicken breasts, cut into smallish chunks
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 12 oz frozen mixed veggies
- 16 oz box of tricolor rotini noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated, fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a large skillet pan. Add chicken breast chunks. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Stir until chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic and stir for about another minute, until onion is transparent.
- Stir in frozen mixed veggies and allow to cook/thaw for a few minutes.
- Add box of noodles, chicken stock to mostly cover noodles and can of cream of chicken soup.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until noodles are cooked to your liking.
- Stir in grated parmesan cheese until melted. Voila!
Any questions? Ask away!